Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Blessings


 It's hard to know how to exactly put Sunday into words. It was Sam's baby blessing. I don't know how to talk about the hours it took to get him ready before heading out the door...or the huge family turn out...the opportunity to spend one last Sabbath with Sister Kristina Stout...or the third generation outfit Sam wore...the beautiful blanket knitted by Sam's great-grandmother...or the circle of worthy men supporting my son in their strong hands. 
I don't know how to tell the story of my father's heroic deeds in quieting Sam during his blessing by sticking Sam's baby fist into his screaming mouth. 
I don't know how to confess that I was relieved when Sam started to fuss during Relief Society so we could spend some quiet time nursing to ponder all the things that were said. Even though I can't really put all of the details of the day into words, I would sum up Sunday into this:

I am so blessed.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, congratulations Sara. He is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Sara. :)

    You all look so great. I'm so happy you shared this with us. All the best to your and your family.

    I felt like having a baby really shows you how amazing all of the people around you are and how much the Lord is needed in every little detail.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete